sobota, 6 czerwca 2009

Girls that traveled throught time and space

In manga's there are some common themes. Ie. there is this girl that is summoned to another dimension, time, place, whatever to save it. It re appears over and over, it is most like the very popular story base for fantasy shoujo (counting out magic girls stuff). Some series, firstly semi-historical Red River, author Chie Shinohara, -  I stopped somewhere along 5th volume. It's nice but maybe I'm too old for this stuff. It's very shoujo, ie. takes long,long for first true lawfull kiss etc.  It's good just not my type. A bit similar is Fushigi Yuugi by Watase Yuu. I read it when I was 15 with red face 'coz it was sooo romantic. Here also the main character is some sort of gods priestess, in red river it less supernatural (that is she didn't have any power). Magic Knight Rayearth from Clamp are just cute, see just drawings and you'll know (I have a soft spot for Clamp). And some of same themes are the The Twelve Kingdoms and The Vision of Escaflowne.

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz